Meet our new intern, Leia!
Every year at Take A Seat, we bring on one event assistant intern who gets the opportunity to shadow our team throughout our busy summer wedding season, all while learning the ins and outs of the industry. We are so excited to introduce our 2017 intern, Leia Gibbard, who has already proven to be the perfect fit for our team with her warm-hearted spirit, pro-active attitude and love for hosting memorable celebrations! Currently a Programmatic Media Analyst, she is also a passionate baker, lover of thoughtful gifting and is always looking for her next project to help out a friend or have a fun creative outlet.
Please meet Leia, who has provided us with some interesting facts about herself below!
Favorite place (city) you've visited: I haven't traveled that much, but so far I'd say Fort Collins in Colorado. Besides the weather alone, I love the culture - you can have brunch at a quaint local spot and then drive just an hour away to go rock climbing!
Hot tea. Green tea, white tea, herbal & fruit tea... I love them all.
Mediterranean food. It's delicious and doesn't make me feel bad afterward!
3 things you can't live without:
1. My boyfriend, Mike, and our dog, Lily - they're the best support system a girl could ask for. 2. A camera - I have a horrible memory and love looking back at photos and scrapbooking them. 3. A project - I like always having something to work on, whether it be home improvement or crafts. I can't sit still!
3 things on your bucket list:
1. Travel more (we're currently saving up to take a trip to Europe). 2. Sing in front of an audience (I'm pretty shy, but would love to push myself out of my comfort zone like this... and no, karaoke does not count!) 3. Successfully bake and decorate a 3-tiered cake (because why not?)
What are you most looking forward to about this TAS internship?
I'm really excited to be a part of the team - a group of girls I look up to for their individual talents, as well as for the way they work together - and to see their ideas from conception all the way to fruition. I'm looking forward to the experience in itself and spending more time immersed in creativity and doing something that I'm passionate about. I can only imagine how it feels the day of a wedding, seeing it all come together!
Your greatest accomplishment - something that you're most proud of:
I closed on a new house at the end of 2015 and completely renovated it with the help of family & friends. It was an amazing feeling to see the vision in my head come to life. We did the whole 9 yards - took out a wall, put in an island, installed new wood floors, painted... Everyday I come home it's a happy reminder of all the hard work and love that went into making it ours.
List 10 things we may not know about you (or your family, your childhood, your hobbies, your favorite things):
1. I was born and raised in Michigan with a predominately Polish heritage from my mom's side and true melting pot from my dad's side (English, German, Welsh, French Canadian...)
2. I'm the middle child, which means I hate fighting and am constantly trying to keep the peace. (Can't we all just get along?!) But in all seriousness, I love my siblings.
3. Last year I completed my first half-marathon through the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, raising money to help find cures and ensure access to treatments for blood cancer patients. It was an amazing experience and something I'm hoping to do again in the future.
4. I like to stay physically active - I continuously mix up my work-out routine with weightlifting, cardio, yoga... you name it. I started taking aerial silk classes a few months ago and it's become my new favorite thing!
5. One of my other favorite things to do is host get-togethers with family and friends - I once planned & catered my own graduation party.
6. I love to bake (as you could probably infer from my desire to make a 3-tiered cake) as well as cook, and am constantly looking to Pinterest for new recipes to try out.
7. I also love coffee and implemented this thing in our house called "weekend coffee". It's when we only drink Folger's during the week and then treat ourselves to fancy coffee on the weekend.
8. Although it's usually hard for me to sit through movies, I do occasionally like to binge-watch TV. Typically it's something on HGTV or the Food network, however I also like other shows like The Office.
9. I have an eclectic taste in music that changes with my mood. I love classic rock, 80s pop, Alternative, Folk, Electronic... Some of my favorite artists are MJ, Norah Jones and Fleet Foxes.
10. I love trying to find the perfect gift for someone - so much so that I keep lists in my phone to jot down ideas when they come up. I also like lists.