Meet our new intern, Chelsey!
We are so excited to officially introduce you to our new summer intern! A couple weeks ago we posted a call for TAS interns and received some great applications, but Chelsey's experience and passion for event planning definitely stood out above the rest! Over the next few months, she'll be shadowing us on a variety of projects, helping out with our social media and marketing, and even coordinating her very own styled shoot. So without further a due, please meet Chelsey, who has provided us with some interesting facts about herself below. She had us at "I love to travel"!
Favorite place (city) you've visited: Paris
Favorite beverage: Coffee (and wine!)
Favorite cuisine/food: Raspberries. I, of course, love the taste, but they also remind me of my childhood. My grandparents used to grow raspberries so I would always eat lots when visiting.
3 things you can't live without:
- My little sis
- Burt’s Bees lip balm
- Summer. I love everything about it.
3 things on your bucket list:
- Travel the world as often as possible. I would like still like to visit countries within South America, Asia and Australia (and I wouldn’t mind heading back to Europe and Africa, either!).
- Take on a new challenge each year. This year was yoga and the TAS internship!
- [One day] have a house that’s large enough to host parties for my family and friends.
What are you most looking forward to about this TAS internship? I’m so excited to be a part of the beautiful events that Agata and Justyna create. The styling and creativity involved is amazing - I can't wait to learn more!
What is your greatest accomplishment/something that you're most proud of: Working at an orphanage in Accra, Ghana. I worked with a group to create a health manual for the children who live there. It was one of the most challenging, rewarding and humbling experiences of my life.
10 things you may not know about Chelsey!
- I’ve been skydiving. It was so scary, but so fun!
- My boyfriend, Tad, and I flew to Amsterdam a few years ago without planning any of our trip. We only had our train tickets to and from Paris. It was quite the adventure!
- I grew up in a small town in Michigan: Eaton Rapids.
- I’ve had the same close group of friends since the fifth grade. There are seven of us. They’re amazing women and friends – I’m lucky to have them.
- My favorite place to visit is Higgins Lake. My grandparents live near the lake – it’s so beautiful!
- I have a new found love: yoga.
- I love to bake.
- I graduated with my Bachelor’s in Social Work from MSU.
- I’m addicted to coffee and spend way too much money at Starbucks.
- I love to travel. My goal is to plan one big trip a year. My boyfriend and I just got returned from a week in Ireland, and I have a couple smaller trips planned for later this year.