TAS Valentine's Day Gift Guide
Photo by Cat Carty Buswell
Valentine's Day is coming up, and it's time to start thinking about how you are going to make the day extra special for you and your loved one. We've come up with little gift guides for him and for her that I hope help you on your hunt for a little way to show your love!
- Sweet treats from one of our favorite local bakers, Sweet Heather Anne! You can pre order a delicious chocolate cake, or just pop in during their open dessert counter house (on their website) and pick up a box of mixed cookies and macarons. They also offer classes you could take together on how to make painted cookies, macarons and more! The way to anyone's heart is their stomach, am I right?!
- Did you recently get engaged? Get her the Martha Stewart Weddings book! It is full of important details for your special day AND it will look gorgeous on the coffee table.
- Pamper her with products from Little Flower Soap Co. Holly, owner of Little Flower Soap Co., runs her business out of Chelsea, Michigan and has the cutest styled gift sets. She has several for Valentine's Day, but we love the Relaxing Spa Gift Set since it has a nice variety of delicious smelling bath products and comes in the cutest pink packaging!
- Charlevoix Wine Decanter and Tumblers from Corbe Company. This company out of Detroit creates the most gorgeous ceramic mugs, serving bowls, wine decanters and much more. My personal favorite color is "freckle", but there are several different colors for all styles. Pair the decanter with her favorite wine and voila! you have a romantic evening ahead.
- Beard Care Kit from Little Flower Soap Co. Does your man have a bushy beard that could use a little reigning in? This box includes literally everything a man could need to keep his beard looking fab as well as the cutest camp mug.
- The Herschel Novel Duffel. This is the perfect weekend getaway or gym bag. It even has a little shoe compartment to keep your dirty shoes away from your clothes. How great is that? It comes in a ton of color combinations, but my fave is the grey with brown straps. It's classic and will never go out of style.
- Are you engaged? Get him (and yourself!) a one line journal to keep throughout your engagement! My husband and I started this after we got engaged and exchanged them on our wedding day. Now we keep them on our bedside tables and peek back at them every now and again when we need to feel warm fuzzies. It was my favorite thing we did throughout our engagement!
- If you are local to metro-Detroit, sign up for a Zingerman's class together! My husband and I just did the Bread Baking class together, and it was so much fun. You learn a ton, and get to take tons of delicious food home. Plus, doing fun new things together is what it's all about, right?
We hope these ideas helped you on your search for the perfect Valentine's Day gift! It's a great time to shop local and support small businesses while showing your love. We'd love to hear from you in the comments - did these ideas help you come up with a great gift idea? What are you doing for this valentine's day? Who out there is throwing a Galentine's Day party?! Let us know!