Full name: Meg Whitaker Bosse
Title: Event Coordinator
Educational background: Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre Design & Production (concentration in Stage Management) from the University of Michigan, Professional Certificate in Event Management from The George Washington University
Photo by Amanda Dumouchelle Photography
- Where are you from? I am from Ann Arbor, Michigan, where I live today. I have moved from Ann Arbor to Madison, Wisconsin to New York City and finally landed back home in Ann Arbor!
- What are your favorite things to do in your free time? I like to practice calligraphy, get outside, check out new local restaurants and bars and spend time with my friends. I love to play board games and euchre and go to weekly trivia in Dexter, Michigan! I also like to spend time with my husband Karl and our dog Stella.
- What do you love about wedding planning?I love getting to know couples and discovering the unique details of their love story to reflect on their wedding day. It is truly a joy to see the personalities of each couple reflected in each detail. I also love the "walk down the aisle" moment where the couple sees each other sometimes for the first time that day. It always makes me cry!
- What is your favorite wedding trend?For the past couple of years greenery has made a huge appearance in weddings, and I can’t get enough. I love greenery runners, chandeliers, and centerpieces with lots of lush greens and a few carefully selected blooms. I think the look is classic and you can never go wrong!
- What’s number 1 on your bucket list right now?To travel around the UK. I have never been, and would love to spend a couple of weeks travelling around!
- What is your favorite candy?Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups! Really anything chocolate.
- What kind of music do you listen to?A huge variety. Some of my favorite artists are Leon Bridges, Rufus Wainwright, Adele, Zac Brown Band, and Florence + The Machine, but it really depends on the day! To be honest, I listen to NPR and a series of my favorite podcasts most of the day :)
- Do you have any new year’s resolutions for 2017? To infuse peace and joy into all aspects of my life.